PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
Project Manager, Digital Square, East Africa at PATH
Dar es Salaam
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity.
The Center of Digital and Data Excellence (CoDE) at PATH works with government ministries of health, the private sector, and donors to strengthen the use of digital technologies and data for improved health services. Digital Square is one of CoDE’s flagship global initiatives. It is PATH-led and funded by multiple donors, including USAID and the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, to advance digitally enabled health services to help close the health equity gap.
Conceived from the lessons of the inefficiencies and redundancies of prior investments in digital technologies for international development, Digital Square works with ministries of health to align adaptable, interoperable digital technologies with local health needs and brings partners together to improve how the global community designs, uses, and pays for digital health tools and approaches. Receptionist Job Vacancy – San Diego at Prometheus Biosciences
PATH is currently recruiting for a Project Manager (PM) for its Digital Square team. The Project Manager will be accountable for projects with high complexity, risk, and visibility. This role will support start-up; development of hiring plans; ensure alignment and coordination with donors and program teams; and ensure effective external communications and reporting. The Project Manager will also coordinate inputs from global team members to achieve programmatic deliverables. Project Manager, Digital Square of East Africa at PATH
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Project planning: Develop a detailed project plan that outlines the project scope, objectives, timelines, resources, and budget.
- Defining project goals and objectives: Work with stakeholders to define the project goals, objectives, and success criteria.
- Resource management: Allocate resources, including personnel, budget, equipment, and materials, to ensure the project is completed on time and within budget.
- Project scheduling and time management: Develop and proactively manage a project schedule that identifies project milestones and deadlines.
- Risk management: Identify potential risks and develop strategies to mitigate them.
- Communication and stakeholder management: Keep stakeholders informed about the project progress, issues, and risks, and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Quality management: Ensure that project deliverables meet quality standards and customer expectations.
- Track internal metrics measuring impact and adoption of deliverables.
- Team management: Manage project team members, including hiring, training, and mentoring.
- Financial management: Operate within project budgets and financial resources, support forecasting, and update project costs.
- Change management: Manage and anticipate changes to the project budget, time, scope, objectives, and requirements, and ensure that all changes are properly documented and communicated. Conduct after action and project reviews.
Project Manager Required Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, international development, business administration, information systems or a related field and a minimum of two years project management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Familiarity implementing large scale global USG-funded awards required.
- Ability to work effectively on fast-paced, complex projects.
- Team-focused and collegial with the ability to interact with diverse colleagues and facilitate strong working relationships; adept at working closely with others over geographical distance and time zones.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; diplomacy in communicating with a broad and diverse audience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software suite; ability to learn financial systems/software.
- Strong organizational skills, high level of attention to detail, and effectiveness under deadlines.
- Ability to travel 10% in country or internationally.
- Language proficiency in French required.
- Experience working remotely with diverse teams of geographically distributed employees with multiple perspectives to set strategies and execute them with high quality. certified project manager
Preferred skills and experience:
- Smartsheet Core App badge preferred.
- Project management (e.g., PMP) certification preferred.
- Two years of knowledge management experience
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
- Cover Letter
- CV in reverse chronological format
- PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
*PATH has become aware of scams involving false job offers. *
Please be advised: how to become a project manager
PATH will never ask for a fee during any stage of the recruitment
All active jobs are advertised directly on our career’s page.
Official PATH emails will always arrive from an @path.org
Please report any suspicious communications to email@example.com.
Leave a Comment