The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide.
Women’s Economic Empowerment Expert at UNV – United Nations Volunteers
UNV – United Nations Volunteers
Dar es Salaam
UNV – United Nations Volunteers
Women’s Economic Empowerment Expert Job Vacancy at UNV – United Nations Volunteers
Table of Contents
Mission and objectives
UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Placing women’s rights at the centre of its efforts, UN Women is mandated to lead and co-ordinate United Nations system efforts to ensure that commitments on gender equality and gender mainstreaming are translated into action. It is also mandated to provide strong and coherent leadership in support of Member States’ priorities and efforts, building effective partnerships with civil society and other relevant actors.
In line with the Tanzania’s national priorities, UN Women’s strategic Plan 2022-2026 lays out the agency’s unique role and comparative advantage in supporting national stakeholders in advancing gender equality and the empowerment of women by strengthening women’s leadership and participation in political and governance systems, gender statistics, implementation of global gender norms and standards, ending violence against women and girls, and women’s economic empowerment.
United Nations Volunteers Context
The Women’s Economic Empowerment Programme recognizes the need to support women increased agency in green and blue economies to ensure equal representation at all levels including in development of appropriate policy interventions; the deployment of more effective tools, technologies, infrastructure, and institutions to implement measures to build resilience; and the achievement of sustainable resource management for resilient green and blue value chains.
Women remain key players and make up more than 50 percent of the agricultural labor force in Tanzania. They play a vital role in ensuring family food security. United Nations Volunteers
However, gender-based inequalities in access to and control of productive and financial resources inhibit their agricultural productivity and undermine their resilience and sustainability efforts, creating a substantial gender gap in productivity. Medical Clinical Receptionist Job Vacancy at Elevance Health : AZ, TUCSON
Thus, UN Women Tanzania Country Office is looking for an International Volunteer to support the implementation of climate smart interventions at various levels in Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar both aimed at contributing to responding to the challenges and barriers rural women face, facilitating access to local nutrient dense foods to ensure food security and nutrition, enhancing rural women smallholder farmers’ livelihoods and income, improving skills and knowledge to mitigate climate change, enhancing marketing business ventures and sustainability, and contributing to creating a conducive environment for rural women’s economic empowerment
Under the direct supervision of the Women’s Economic Empowerment Programme Specialist, the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
1. Programme Development and Management (40%)
- Supports the implementation of ongoing programmatic initiatives with a specific focus on the green and blue economies.
- Contributes to the development of new WEE programme initiatives.
- Supports partnership development with other UN agencies, experts, government institutions and Civil Society Organisations ensuring timely and efficient delivery of inputs related to the assigned portfolio.
- Supports programme/projects monitoring and evaluation according to results-based management requirements.
2. Policy Analysis/Research (20%)
- Supports policy analysis and research and identifies entry points for strengthening UN Women’s programming in the area of women’s economic empowerment, with a focus on the Programmes in green and blue value chains.
3. Inter-Agency Coordination Support (20%)
- Supports annual reporting processes in relation to the UNSDCF.
- Participates in UNSDCF coordination meetings and in particular the planet and prosperity outcome groups.
- Supports collection of data and analysis and research.
4. Advocacy support and facilitation of knowledge building and management (20%)
- Supports relevant, high-impact advocacy activities and campaigns with key partners of the UN Joint Programmes.
- Collects knowledge on current and emerging trends by gathering relevant infor-mation on programmes, projects, strategies, approaches, and ongoing experience for lessons learned, best practices at regional and global level.
- Participates in program monitoring visits at the field level and helps to prepare re-ports.
- Contributes to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Furthermore, UN Volunteers are required to: United Nations Volunteers
- Strengthen their knowledge and understanding of the concept of volunteerism by read-ing relevant UNV and external publications and take active part in UNV activities (for in-stance in events that mark International Volunteer Day);
- Be acquainted with and build on traditional and/or local forms of volunteerism in the host country.
- Reflect on the type and quality of voluntary action that they are undertaking, including participation in ongoing reflection activities.
- Contribute articles/write-ups on field experiences and submit them for UNV publica-tions/websites, newsletters, press releases, etc.;
- Assist with the UNV Buddy Programme for newly arrived UN Volunteers.
- Promote or advise local groups in the use of online volunteering or encourage relevant local individuals and organizations to use the UNV Online Volunteering service whenever technically possible.
We do our best to provide you the most accurate info, but closing dates may be wrong on our site. Please check on the recruiting organization’s page for the exact info. Candidates are responsible for complying with deadlines and are encouraged to submit applications well ahead. United Nations Volunteers
Leave a Comment